Video: Warm Up

Mary Scherpe, Yasin Müjdeci, Herbert Hofmann
Credit: Pascal Rohé, Fettes, Love & Sieben

Thinking of the first edition of Stil in Berlin’s Warm Up just one week ago still makes me smile – and this video is bringing back the best memories:

Comments

1. Jakub on

Congrats! Looks like a lot of fun!

Yes, it was!

2. StreetLounge on

I will definitely not miss that next time!

3. Johanna on

So. And now you can all go home and feel super good. The situation is not so bad after all.
    Pack your little prices. You made the world much much better.
    Its the worst worst worst thing i have ever seen.

Why would you say that?

4. Johanna on

I think the whole situation was more or less grotesque, no?
    Its this good old discussion about charity. This whole context of a marketing event makes it really absurd. There are different ways to support institutions like that.
    And in the end. Do these events not exist to give yourself a good feeling.
    So next time, some drug addict steps into the Ubahn you dont have to give him change because you already did some good last week. Im sorry to be so negative about that, Im sure the intentions were good, but to look at the pictures and how everyone is celebrating gives me a huge discomfort.

I still don’t get the critic. I assume you weren’t there – but this event was doing marketing first and foremost for Kältehilfe. the sponsors provided prizes solely intended to motivate people to roam their closets, which worked very well: we managed to collect 1,7tons of clothing, sleeping mats, bags and boots as well as money, and this gave me and everyone involved a very good feeling, indeed.
      As you say, there are different ways to support your local community, and this was just one. It’s easy to criticize others for not helping “enough”, this was one step to raise awareness and do our part.

5. Ooi on

@Johanna, I think it is grotesque itself to critisise for people who are simply wanting to give,

Would you be so disgusted if the setting were different, say if it were in a church or community hall with the same concept, with small local companies donating prizes? Would you also openly condemn such an event?

I attended the evening and I certainly did not feel like it was a marketing ploy or that the guests were giving to “feel good”. It is incredibly unfair to judge.

Mary, your event was a great incentive, congratulations on your success!

Thank you! I myself was a bit stressed out all the time since we didn’t expect so many people to come and give so much – so it’s good to hear that the atmosphere was nice and people had a good time!

6. Magriet Cruywagen on

Mary, this is rather delayed comment, but I just wanted to thank you and your team for organising and hosting the event. It was an opportunity to give clothes I no longer need to an organisation that will ensure they end up with individuals who do -and – it was a lovely way to spend a Sunday afternoon. I hope to see more brands, like yours, activating the communities they have already gathered around them for initiatives like this one. Weiter so :)

Thank you so much – so happy you had a good time :-)