Burgers & Hip Hop: Round #4

District Mot's De La Sauce – Will they win again?
District Mot's De La Sauce – Will they win again?

It’s finally time again for another round of juicy patties and soft buns accentuated with fine beats (Seriously, how long can two months be?!) But now BURGERS & HIP HOP is back. And I am over the moon excited, because two-time winner District Môt will be back to defend the title of Berlin’s Best Burger with their fabulous De La Sauce burger. But the rivals never rest, and the stakes are higher than ever. So you better mark this Saturday in your calendar – it’s time for the next public vote to find Berlin’s Best Burger!

To make the vendors covet the victory even more, I thought it was necessary to bring in a winning trophy. The winner will receive this beautiful golden-silver burger-cup to display in his or her restaurant or food stall for everyone to see and adore and believe in.
It would surely look good in District Môt’s Mitte joint. But as said, we have gathered some very fine competitors!

stilinberlin burgers hip hop trophy-9442

The much-praised new-comer to the Berlin burger world, Tommi’s Burger, is in with a black angus beef burger with melted cheese! Also competing will be all-time-baked-potato-favorite BIXELS with a tropical burger (whatever that means, I am still waiting on details). But that’s not all, also trying to end District Môt’s lucky streak are Juicy Lucy, Eddielicious, Mr. Susan and Pettirossi. And of course, Zwei Dicke Bären’s ice cream sandwiches will be there to end your burger dinner with a sweet treat.

As every time, the grills will be heated at Prince Charles starting at 3pm and go on until around 10pm, the music will last even longer, with a special appearance on the decks by yours truly.
Entry is 1,- Euro before 10pm and 8,- Euro after, no re-entry!

MOST IMPORTANT –– don’t forget to vote for the best burger! Because I want to award this wonderful trophy to the rightful winner. So come by, dig in, and fill out the voting sheets you’ll find on the venue. Results will be published here on Monday, July 7th!

AND of course there’ll be the official Stil in Berlin Tasting Table, were all available burgers will be judged by the Stil in Berlin team and possibly you – this time, we’re looking for 3 burger-experts to eat with us! Think you’ve got what it takes to judge a patty and a bun? Let us know why in the comments below and we might ask you to join us!

Comments

1. Gintare on

I went there yesterday… I must admit that the interior looks pretty cool and the menu is different from all the other Vietnamese places, which is good. However, they really lack vegetarian options and their food is super greasy…my papaya salad was literally swimming in fish sauce vinaigrette and my boyfriends’ spring rolls were marinating in oil. We were both unwell during the entire afternoon, burping fat as we walked along :) This place is original and has potential, however they must polish their menu and cooking style.

2. Tinka on

I haven´t tried it yet but it seems that most of the eateries in Mitte etal are more aiming at the tourists, offering stylish interior, so they can rave about it or are drawn to it because of that, but they are lacking in quality. But then again, tourists hardly come back again. I´d rather have a place less stylish with the emphasis on good food at a nice price. Many of these eateries are definitely overpiced. But then again… who are they aiming at?

Hey, I am generally of the same opinion when it comes to over-styling, but in this case you should go to eat there instead of judging by the cover/interior. It seriously has some ambitious chefs in the kitchen, although not everything works out as of yet, I highly appreciate a unique approach to food.

3. olli on

I’m looking forward to trying this, but I must comment that there seems to be a never ending plethora of vietnamese food in Berlin. I would really love some more variety (while I appreciate that as you mentioned the dishes here are not so typical). But within 3 minutes walk are 2 other very good vietnamese options to this.

4. Deniz on

Pretty original venue. You have to try it. I know nothing similar to compare District mot in Berlin. Pretty unique and the food was delicious! but true more guideance from the waiters would be apprichiated.

5. Steve Molloy on

I went there recently with some friends and I had a great time. The interior is more ‘fun’ than stylish, put me in a really good mood, and the food was very good, (four stars out of five). Lots of fresh herbs and good textures. I agree that they use too much fat.
    However, unlike other stylish joints it doesn’t feel precious or overdone, just a lot of charming details. I really reminded me of Vietnam, I can never get enough of that. The night I was there there were Vietnamese teens strumming the guitar and softly singing Boyzone ballads while the sun was setting over the Rosenthaler strasse, and while the prices are a little high, you’re paying for the convenient location and the special atmosphere.

6. derek freeman on

I must say I think this place is horrible. Low quality, boring food, and those plastic stools. I’d rather never eat again!

7. Danny Lee on

We have been eating there today. The interior is interesting and definitely creative and worth a look. The food was a bit dissapointing. I always try the Pho Bo first in a vietnamese restaurant to see how much care a restaurant takes with simple food (the equivalent of the italian simple tomato sauce). The Pho Bo tasted boring (made by a non vietnamenße??) without the typical cinnamon etc., which gives it the special taste. I needed lots of extra soja etc to give it somehow a taste. A pitty! my friends fried rice however was very tasty.

8. Sherlait on

Wandering in Mitte a lot, I always wanted to try this place. The interior is colorful and joyful but the food quite boring/disappointing. They didn’t have the must of Vietnamese food, the Bo Bun! On top of that the service was terrible not to mention that they charge the glass of tap water 1,80 e.

9. john on

My girlfriend and I had a pretty underwhelming experience here. The interior is a little garish to my taste, the food was overpriced and pretty average except for the tofu which was delicious. And terrible music and non-descript service to boot..