Burgers & Hip Hop: Round #4

District Mot's De La Sauce – Will they win again?
District Mot's De La Sauce – Will they win again?

It’s finally time again for another round of juicy patties and soft buns accentuated with fine beats (Seriously, how long can two months be?!) But now BURGERS & HIP HOP is back. And I am over the moon excited, because two-time winner District Môt will be back to defend the title of Berlin’s Best Burger with their fabulous De La Sauce burger. But the rivals never rest, and the stakes are higher than ever. So you better mark this Saturday in your calendar – it’s time for the next public vote to find Berlin’s Best Burger!

To make the vendors covet the victory even more, I thought it was necessary to bring in a winning trophy. The winner will receive this beautiful golden-silver burger-cup to display in his or her restaurant or food stall for everyone to see and adore and believe in.
It would surely look good in District Môt’s Mitte joint. But as said, we have gathered some very fine competitors!

stilinberlin burgers hip hop trophy-9442

The much-praised new-comer to the Berlin burger world, Tommi’s Burger, is in with a black angus beef burger with melted cheese! Also competing will be all-time-baked-potato-favorite BIXELS with a tropical burger (whatever that means, I am still waiting on details). But that’s not all, also trying to end District Môt’s lucky streak are Juicy Lucy, Eddielicious, Mr. Susan and Pettirossi. And of course, Zwei Dicke Bären’s ice cream sandwiches will be there to end your burger dinner with a sweet treat.

As every time, the grills will be heated at Prince Charles starting at 3pm and go on until around 10pm, the music will last even longer, with a special appearance on the decks by yours truly.
Entry is 1,- Euro before 10pm and 8,- Euro after, no re-entry!

MOST IMPORTANT –– don’t forget to vote for the best burger! Because I want to award this wonderful trophy to the rightful winner. So come by, dig in, and fill out the voting sheets you’ll find on the venue. Results will be published here on Monday, July 7th!

AND of course there’ll be the official Stil in Berlin Tasting Table, were all available burgers will be judged by the Stil in Berlin team and possibly you – this time, we’re looking for 3 burger-experts to eat with us! Think you’ve got what it takes to judge a patty and a bun? Let us know why in the comments below and we might ask you to join us!

Comments

1. Ioana Lahr on

“I would love to eat some Burgers with you”.

Why?”

“Coz I got da best bunz”

2. Max on

I survived seven years in Burger Hell. A no-man’s land for burgers. A place where burgers go to die (Oh hi, Great Britain!!). But now, in Berlin, there’s hope. You’ve already separated the rubies from the rubble. Let me help spread hope further by joining your panel of burger experts for Round #4 of Burgers & Hip Hop. My taste-buds were raised on burgers. They have endured some of the most foal burgers on earth, but have also experienced true burger bliss. I want to help Berlin find this burger bliss. The time has come to award the best amongst the best! Bad burgers shouldn’t happen to good people, and good burgers deserve a bad-ass trophy!

1. Max on

* foul burgers. ‘Foal’ burgers are kind of another story ;)

3. Michael D on

I’m glad Tommi’s burger Joint joins this Event.
    Finally a REAL burger at Prince Charles. All those Kimchi, whatever “burgers” have nothing to do with what I see as an “perfect” burger.

Tommi’s knows how to do a Basic Cheeseburger with class! It doesnt need to have weird stuff or Special sauces on it, it just needs to be executed well enough.
    And they definitely know how to make a good tasting, basic burger.

And I hope not to see Mini burger for 6 or more Euros again. This was ridiculous last time…

4. val on

#3 was beyond great! who doesn’t love burger (and hip hop)…but i’d make a great judge because i work out every day, so there’s enough appetite for a whole lot of beef!

two weeks ago a girlfriend and i had the greatest “date”: workout, beer, burger, beer – followed by dancing it would’ve been perfect, so i obviously can’t wait for saturday!

5. Rebecca C. on

I would love to be a part of the jury this Friday, because although I’ve been enjoying the food scene in Berlin for quite some time, I always feel like I should be trying out the “interesting” aka quirkier, more fusion, more vegan, more Neukoelln/hipster etc. places that Berlin has to offer. I’ve only tried one of the Burger winners (from District Mot) on the list.

Soooo, I think I would make a good jury member because I would be able to give an *unbiased* opinion on the burgers, and I’d be able to give an authentic account on my experience eating them all for the first time!

6. Miss K. on

Hello hello… it’s burgerrrrr time! I would love to join the event on Saturday so much!
    Why me? I’ve been addicted to burgers for such a looong time and have been eating them pretty much all over the world – but never in Berlin. I arrived here just two days ago and what could be a better start in this beautiful city? :)

7. Thomas B. Thomson on

I have eaten a lot of burgers in my time. Burgers here, there, some across the small puddle of water towards the kingdom, some across the big pond. And be sure, my time for sure is not over for a long time. So I’ll eat more burgers. Maybe I’ll eat all the burgers there is.
    Wanna join?

8. Ez Esa on

Spent a summer at Le Cordon Bleu in Paris. Able to discern industrially-processed Hollandaise at fancy Bangkok brunch venue. Enjoy burgers of all provenance – Shake Shack NY, Joël Robuchon Paris, or under the tracks at Burgermeister Berlin. Would be going to event on Saturday irrespective, though would be cool to exchange thoughts with fellow epicureans on the panel.

9. J.K.-Cool on

Vincent: And you know what they call a… a… a Quarter Pounder with Cheese in Berlin?
    Jules: They don’t call it a Quarter Pounder with cheese?
    Vincent: No man, they got the metric system. They wouldn’t know what the fuck a Quarter Pounder is.
    Jules: Then what do they call it?
    Vincent: They call it a(n) awesome burger from Burgers & Hip Hop with cheese.
    Jules: A(n) awesome burger from Burgers & Hip Hop with cheese.. What do they call a Big Mac?
    Vincent: Well, a Big Mac’s a Big Mac, but they call it le Big-Waste-of-Time-with-No-Taste.
    Jules: Well, a Big Mac’s a Big Mac, but they call it le Big-Waste-of-Time-with-No-Taste. Ha ha ha ha. What do they call a Whopper?
    Vincent: I dunno, I wouldn’t go into Burger King.

Could have been a great movie as well – looking forward to Saturday, hopefully as a part of the jury. Why me? Ha ha ha ha – because I am the biggest Burger lover in the world with quite a good taste and I always like to eat my burger in good company!
    Sincerely,
    JK-Cool in da Burger House

10. Chris Lietze on

You’re looking for a burger expert? I love burger! That’s why I started BnB three years ago. So please, count me in!

P.S. Yes, Tommi’s Burger Joint is awesome.

Chris

11. Alina on

You had be at burger. And hip-hop was just the cherry on top.
    I would be honored to be part of this!

12. maintanos on

I ve had the district mot burger at their restaurant after reading about it here. it was disgusting, with low quality ingredients and badly cooked. I can’t for the love of god figure out how it could have won anything, anywhere. the food market scene in Berlin is disappointing and overpriced to say the least, except for a very few “outliers”. It is still young though so it can only get better.

13. Amy Li on

Hailing from California, I bring my multicultural tastebuds to the table, having chowed on the juiciest, sauciest and most exquisite burgers from Honolulu to Los Angeles to Chicago to New York City to Berlin. Teddy’s, IN-N-Out, Shake Shack, Eureka, Acadia — I’ve tried them all. My favorite thus far? The fig burger at Eureka in San Diego, with homemade fig marmalade, melted goat cheese, juicy crispy bacon, veggie garnishes and a spicy porter mustard. Delicious!

Let me help you discover the best burger in town.

Sincerely,