Who We Are…
Hallesches Haus is a general store, lunch canteen and event space located at Tempelhofer Ufer 1 in the heart of Kreuzberg. The canteen is a lively space where guests can eat lunch with friends or colleagues, while away some time with a coffee, or have a business meeting in a comfortable and relaxed environment. True to the canteen style, service is from the counter and patrons can eat in the restaurant or take meals/coffee to go.
Founded to provide a space that enables ideas, products and people to come together, Hallesches Haus is an everyday general store: an emporium filled with household goods, food and drink, amidst a lively communal environment that can also serve as flexible event space.
Job Description & The Role…
We are looking for a cook who is able to help out with our summer schedule of private parties and events. The position is likely 40-50 hours per month. Room for growth and possibility to expand into more permanent employment also possible.
– The ideal candidate will be focused on the highest level of culinary execution through practiced skills, constant tasting, and an eagerness to learn.
– Two years professional experience is preferred, but not required.
– Knife skills and a good sense of urgency are a must
– Experience with catering and private parties
– Comfortable with cooking different styles of cuisine
– Can taste in a critical way
Skills and personality:
– Good organization and cleanliness
– Strong attention to detail
– Good judgement and initiative
– Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced environment
– You like to work as part of a team and can take direction from head chefs.
– Availability to work Friday evenings and every Saturday a must.
– Official certification to work in a restaurant kitchen (‘Rote Karte’).
– Primarily English-speaking kitchen.
Please write to email@example.com in German or English with cv, short cover letter and wage expectations with subject line: COOK / EVENTS application.